– Let’s welcome J Balvin!
– Yeah! J Balvin in the house! – How are we?
– It’s great to see you. I’m doing great. OK, J Balvin. I’ve just watched
your performance at Coachella and you’ve transported me
into a fantasy world that delighted me! Where does this restlessness Since I was a kid. of creating these bright,
joyful and innocent worlds come from? We always try to put out
this inner happiness that we feel. You’re nominated for 13 different awards.
I want you to talk about that. What does that mean to you, J Balvin?
It’s been a great year for your music. I’m super thankful. The idea
is to keep working with discipline and bring the Latin culture forward. We also saw yesterday on your Instagram
that there’s a collaboration coming with Chris Brown and Tyga,
what’s the story about that? The song will be released shortly and
will keep representing Latin culture 100%. – Can you tell us what the song is about?
– No– You have to wait for the release. I want you to talk about tattoos.
We’ve talked a lot about yours. What do they mean do you?
How often do you get a new one, J Balvin? – What, sorry?
– How often do you get tattooed? – About once every two years.
– Two years? Do you have any fans
that got a tattoo of you? Yes, I’ve seen plenty around. On the same subject,
what’s the sauciest one you’ve been shown? – None. Nothing that crazy.
– Nothing crazy? – Just your face?
– Yeah, normal ones. You’ve been on all Latin Music Awards. Why is Billboard Latin Music Awards
so important to you? Obviously, it means a lot to know how the music is selling,
what’s the commercial acceptance and share with my friends
about what’s going on. J Balvin, thank you for being with us and to chat with us at Billboard.
It’s a pleasure to talk to you. I hope you have great success tonight
regarding your 13 nominations. Thank you!